Saturday, November 28, 2009

Raspberry & Coconut muffins

We set off early today for Paris .... a spot of Xmas shopping and dinner at Pierre Gagnaire! Very excited. Made a steaming thermos of coffee for the road and a batch of these delicious raspberry and coconut muffins.
It's a mere hour's drive from Bosgouet to the centre of Paris and we are staying with great friends from Australia in Montmartre. I have not been to Montmartre since our honeymoon in 1990 and am very keen to see the changes that have taken place.

Raspberry and Coconut muffins

Ingredients
125 grams butter
275 grams sugar
2 organic eggs
125 mls milk
185 grams self raising flour
70 grams roasted coconut
200 grams frozen rasperries

Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and milk to a smooth batter.
Add sifted flour, coconut then fold in raspberries.
Spoon batter into muffin moulds and bake at 180° for 25 mins

2 comments:

Me again said...

I had to giggle when I read "The French Table will deliver to you each and every day a little taste of French Country life from this my first blog." Such optimism and as if you don't have enough to do! but a great idea Jane - tell people about it, I am sure many will want to have a read if they know where to find you xxxm

Exquisite Accessories said...

oh great you have a blog!! I will so enjoy following will let my friend in USA know too, we have both got a copy of your book just love it & are saving to come and stay at the chateau one year once are children are old enough for there mums to go on an adventure.
I am going to do your roast pork & chocolate tart for new year I think the A/C will have to be on all day though while I cook in the north tropics of Qld. Enjoy the white christmas I bet its simply stunning!! Elaine :)