We had friends for dinner last night and served these delicious little morsels with a chilled bottle of my favourite champagne. Nothing is better here at Bosgouet than a roaring fire, good friends, bubbles and incredible seasonal produce cooked so simply! Enjoy
Barbequed Scallops Wrapped in Bacon and Sage
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- 10 rashers streaky bacon, halved
- 150ml good olive oil
- 20 scallops
- Clove garlic peeled
- Juice of one lemon
- Preheat griddle, BBQ or frying pan
- Place a sage leaf on top of each scallop.
- Wrap each scallpo in a piece of bacon
- Thread each scallop onto a pre-soaked wooden skewers, rub with the garlic & brush with olive oil and place onto a prepared foil-lined barbecue or grill, or griddle pan placed directly onto the barbecue.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, turning once and serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon